Monday, January 3, 2011

1 Month Old (Finally)

posted by Alan
click on pictures to see them full size

The many faces of Janie

2011 is here and Janie turned one month old yesterday. I'm counting on the first month of baby being the hardest one, which is what most people have claimed. I'm ready for her to put on a baseball glove and start playing catch already.




Yesterday, a friend asked "So after one month, what is the best thing about being a father?" I had no answer at first. As I said in the last post, there wasn't much to enjoy about that first month. So my answer came out raw and real, with no preconceived planning: "Watching the effect that she has on other people." As I thought about it more and more, I think that will be the answer for the rest of my life. There will be nothing that can make me more proud of my daughter than to watch her bring joy to other people's lives. That is and will always be the best thing about being a father to me.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, Daisy and I have been missing NYC lately. I think it's a combination of my mom being here, seeing and hearing from everyone over the holidays, and most of our friends here in Shanghai being away from the holidays also. I'm also in the middle of watching Wall Street 2. There is no replacing Christmas at home with your family and friends. Even when we played A Christmas Story on TV the whole day.

Janie's first Christmas

That being said, it was great to have my mom and my cousin George over here last month. Home felt that much closer.


1 comment:

  1. i love seeing your pictures and reading about janie. i look forward to reading about your increased enjoyment of being a father now that one month is over!

    ReplyDelete