Thursday, May 13, 2010

Picture Blog

posted by Alan
click on the pictures to see them full sized.

I’m writing this as I’m watching Game 6 of the Cavs vs. Celtics playoff series, aka, Lebron Watch. As Daisy can attest to, I love sports. If ESPN.com ever got blocked in China, I think I’d have to leave. In my travels around this world, I’ve seen that there are a few things that transcend culture and boundaries. They are love, music, art and sports. You can go anywhere in the world, get on a basketall court (or any other mutual sport) and language and cultural barriers disappear and communication, respect and understanding begin (there were way too many "and's" in that run-on sentence). Anyway, I’m pullin for Lebron here. One more quarter to go. *edit* By the time I finished this blog, game over. 27, 19 and 10 and Lebron didn't have it tonight? Wow.
coming soon?

I try to always carry my camera around with me here in Shanghai. There is always something interesting going on in this city. I often take pictures with the intention of putting them on this blog, but often forget to even post them. So, I think I’ll periodically just do a picture blog of these random photos.

Badminton and cooking afternoon with our co-workers

Fei Yue local brand hi-tops

In a country where they love Kobe and Lebron, this is brand name is genius

First BBQ of 2010 out in MinHang; Chick-Fil-A in Shanghai

Dinner night with Su and Stephanie; Daisy's birthday orchids from my mom


Response to comments:
Steven - The US pavilion is really corporate. Mainly because America didn't have enough money (yes, really) to fund it, so it's all private sponsors.
Wendy - Thanks. We're still waiting for you.
Megan - The US pavilion is definitely less spectacular, but I heard it really focuses on family values and hospitality and they do it really well. You'll have to see for yourself when you get here.
Yuan - I thought it would be crazy in a bad way here this summer, but so far, it's just crazy in a fun way.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe they have Chick-fil-A in China, they don't even really have one in NY! :-P

    ReplyDelete